Tainted - Anyone But Him

Album Cover

Photobucket

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Video ideas...

I was thinking of ways of doing the narrative part of the video and discussed some ideas with two other students and came up with some ideas.
- We could do split screen, of Bernard walking with the girl, and Daniel walking with the girl, and as they get closer to us, they somehow all end up walking together. I thought we could do this by like cutting to her face, laughing or something, and then cut to a long shot of the three of them. Or we could do some sort of wipe to the three of them together? Or the shots could somehow merge into one? (I haven't really tested it so I don't know what would work, we could test it on Monday)
- We could do something like they're all walking along and Daniel and the girl are together with Bernard behind (like your brother suggested), and have the girl pass Bernard something and like hold his hand a litle too long, or look at him a little too long or something to get a hint of their relationship developing before she broke up with Daniel.
- Bernard could be sitting opposite the girl in a cafe or something, and they would be talking with Daniel sitting looking at them or something (we could ask to do this in Latymer Cafe, maybe when they're closed?)
- She could be walking with Daniel, go round a corner, and then be walking with Bernard.

Personnally, I prefer the first idea just because it would be a really obvious way of showing that they both have the girl at some point AND that they used to be friends. But we could also make the others work, or use any other ideas.

I thought we could fade the colours for the narrative, because we've changed our mind about the black and white/sepia tone, but maybe still need someway of distinguishing it from the rest of the video. I tried it out and the shots look quite good, but I don't know how it would look in the sequence as a whole.

I also thought we could fade the girl over Daniel while he's singing some lines, to make her look kind of like a distant memeory or something. I found that sort of thing in the video for 'Broken Strings', (click here) when Nelly Furtado starts singing, at 1.36. We could fade the girl, Bernard or the girl and Bernard together over him.
Photobucket
Also in this video I really like the way that he paces and stuff, and I think we could get Daniel to do that, to get more movement. Also, I was talking to other students about the video, and they think as the video goes on Daniel should start to get angry, and we had an idea that when Bernard comes into the room, Daniel grabs him by his top and is about to punch him but then decides he's not worth it and leaves. Daniel could be getting more and more angry with the last few verses, while Bernard looks really arrogant and unbothered when he's saying 'me, me...' etc. Daniel could be etting really frustrated. I don't know if it would work though, because in the song, at this point Mr Hudson doesn't sound angry so I don't know if it would look weird if Daniel is. But I'm not really sure, it's something to think about at least.

0 comments: